Fine-tuning your expertise as a project or program manager can have a meaningful impact on the achievements of your organization. When project managers invest in the cultivation of strong business acumen skills, they open the door to unparalleled professional career growth and the achievement of their personal best.
Project managers with scaled-up business acumen are in high demand. Senior executives are searching for project management people who can align their projects to the company’s strategic intent, to desired business outcomes, and to effectively lead their project teams.
Business acumen training for project managers provides a stimulating platform to understand how the multi-faceted elements of business acumen can contribute to any company’s success. It allows you to set yourself apart and demonstrate your commitment to project management excellence.
Based on Business Acumen Institute’s world-renowned Business Acumen Handbook and the associated Business Acumen Canvas, you can learn to master the following business acumen skills:
- Learning how projects help a company meet the needs of its customers.
- Realizing how specific projects contribute to the company’s competitive strategy.
- Understanding how to cultivate mindset to lead teams and influence others.
- Utilizing business acumen to improve key business processes.
- Applying financial skills to fine-tune project budgets and report results.
- Analyzing data to solve problems and make decisions.
- Creating project dashboards and contributing to the future strategy of the firm.
To get started, take our free business acumen self-assessment for project managers. You’ll be able to figure out how to propel your project management career to the next level.
Because BAI is a PMI Authorized Training Partner, you’ll receive valuable professional development units (PDUs) if you attend an in-person class, if you pursue your studies with our online self-paced course entitled Business Acumen for Project Management and IT Professionals. You’ll even receive PDUs for studying The Business Acumen Handbook.